Play a key role in supporting the SPJA and its events including, for example, Project Anime and the largest Japanese Anime Convention in Northern America - Anime Expo! Advance in your career as we continue to grow!
The Controller manages SPJA's accounting department providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist senior management in making educated economic decisions about the company's future. Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of accounts payable, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, and cash control.
- Oversee the activities of account receivable to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including invoicing, cash receipts application, etc.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Respond to Senior Management as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate their financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Manage Accounting Department (4-6 employees).
The controller must be consistently act with a high level of competence in the following areas:
- Financial Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
The controller must also meet the following education, professional licensing, and experience parameters.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA certification preferred.
- A minimum of ten years of hands-on accounting and managerial experience.