The Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation “SPJA” is a 501(c)6 mutual benefit non-profit trade organization actively seeking to fill multiple positions in various fields to help with the organization's growth. The SPJA is ideal for someone seeking to make a difference in a culture-based community, providing not only operational support to the organization but helping to promote a positive work environment for both employees and volunteers.
Experience Requirements: Coordinator candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of related work experience, Manager roles require a minimum of 5 years of experience, and Director roles require a Minimum of 10 years’ experience. You must have strong leadership skills as all paid roles within the organization require leading teams and managing vendor relationships. An ideal candidate will have strong consensus-building skills, tremendous personal integrity, and dedication to superior customer service. They will be hands on workers who are self-starters and have excellent communication skills in addition to strong technical skills required of the specific position.
To apply: Please submit a resume in PDF and brief e-mail introduction to email@example.com with the position of interest in the subject title. Please note that resumes submitted in alternative formats may not be viewable and make result in a failure to apply. The positions listed below require different skill sets and applying for multiple positions at once will decrease your likelihood for consideration.
The Industry Relations Coordinator supports the Director of Industry Relations with general administrative tasks. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Expense Reporting: Gathering and documenting receipts from Industry Relations Director and complete expense report in compliance with Finance’s guidelines.
• Contact Management: Maintaining list of key business contacts and cards collected updated mailing list and organization is in place as well as light relationship management via email and phone.
• Travel Coordination: Coordinate travel meeting schedule and arrangements for Director of Industry Relations.
• Relationship Building: Demonstrate positive interpersonal relations in dealing with staff, attendees, and industry partners in a professional and confidential manner.
• Calendar Management: Manage meeting calendar for Director of Industry Relations, this includes prioritizing and communicating schedule conflicts.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the Industry Relations Coordinator job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential responsibilities satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of a Coordinator.
• Strong organizational skills. Must be able maintain professionalism with staff, vendors, and business partners in an organized fashion in the midst of disorganization. Ability to work amicably with a variety of personalities.
• In good health, may be required to handle packages up to 30lbs in weight and walking for up to 4 hours at a time.
• Able to meet deadlines in a fast moving environment. Must remain calm and level-headed under pressure. Consistent demonstration of quality work and good judgment.
• Flexible with strong communications skills under pressure.
• Must have strong literacy and oral proficiency in the Japanese language.
• Must be able to attend meetings, conferences and events (including social functions) as necessary.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality within the organization with a high level of personal ethics.
• High level of dependability without supervision.
• Compliance with SPJA vision and direction as provided by higher levels of the organization including, but not limited to: specific deliverables states pre-event, budget, and internal policies.
• 3 years of experience in the Entertainment industry preferred.